Key Stage 4 Results 2016
There have been three consecutive years of changes to examinations and performance tables which have come into effect, which mean that the performance tables cannot be compared like for like with those of previous years.
In the summer of 2014, changes were:
- 5 A*-C figure can include a maximum of 2 GCSE equivalent qualifications (BTEC, etc.)
- Multiple grades in the same subject only count once (e.g., double award Health & Social Care = 1 GCSE)
- Subjects deemed to have similar content discount each other (e.g. Drama, Performing Arts & Dance; Art – Graphics; BTEC Sport –GCSE PE) and only count as one GCSE.
- Only the first entry in year 11 counts (so if a student sat GCSE Maths in Year 10 and got a grade D, then re-sat in Year 11 and got a C, the D grade would count in the Performance Tables).
- English Language went to 60% exam from 40% exam.
From the summer of 2015, all BTEC qualifications were more rigorous specifications with 25% exam.
In the summer of 2016, the tables were changed drastically, and the headline measures are now:
A*-C in both English and Maths
Pupils ‘achieving’ the ‘English Baccalaureate’
English and Maths GCSEs
‘Attainment 8’ score (results in core subjects)
Progress 8 Measure
The Progress 8 measure is a new measure which the government will introduce from 2016 to judge a school’s performance. It takes the performance of each students in 8 designated subjects:
|English||Maths||Ebacc 1||Ebacc 2||Ebacc 3||Other||Other||Other|
English, Maths, 3 Ebacc subjects (Science, French, Spanish, History, Geography, Computing) and 3 other approved GCSEs or equivalent.
It then compares the students’ expected outcomes (based on KS2 attainment), with their actual outcomes, and gives the school a score which is the average of all Year 11 students’ progress measure.
Rawmarsh Progress 8 measure for 2016 is 0.22. This places us 4th overall in the Local Authority.
|3+ Levels Progress in English & Maths||3+ Levels Progress in English||3+ Levels Progress in Maths|
5A* – C
|5+ A*- C Including English & Maths||5+ A*- C Grades||5+ A*- G Including English & Maths||5+ A* – G|
|A* – C in English||A* – C in Maths||A* – C in English & Maths|