Zak’s Taekwondo Achievements
Zak is a second Dan Black belt in Taekwondo and is competing in Paris this weekend in another G1 competition which will be tough.
Zak always gives 100% dedication in his competitions and his determination is incredible!
In a recent competition in Paris, he made it to the quarter-final and was very unlucky losing to a much taller and older opponent in a golden point round as equal score in the final round. Valuable experience for Zak and the coaches are very impressed with his performances.
This year Zak has made the following achievements, great work Zak!
- He was selected to be in The British National Cadet Development squad which involves training at the GB Academy on a monthly basis.
- He was selected to be sponsored by the JC brand and be part of the sponsorship squad this year
- He won his first G1 Cadet medal getting a bronze in Poland which is a massive achievement as they don’t normally medal in their first year as a cadet. (Cadet is an age category for ages 12-14 which is a massive step up from the children’s division)
- He won a silver medal in the Netherlands competition
- He won Silver at the British National Championships last weekend