Rawmarsh Community School believes that a school uniform allows equality and fairness for all and that it prepares young people for the world of work; it also has a major influence on discipline, helps foster a calm and business-like atmosphere and gives an early indication of whether a student is “off measure”.
The expectations are clear and non-negotiable; all students are expected to wear the correct uniform. We are grateful for parental support in all matters concerning uniform and hope that it will be worn with pride and a sense of belonging to our school community.
- Clip on tie for all.
- Black tailored trousers or black, knee length skirt.
- White shirt.
- Black V neck jumper or cardigan with school logo.
- Footwear must be plain black leather with no stripes or logos.
- Make-up should be discreet and minimal with no false eyelashes, false finger nails, bright or garish nail colours.
- Extreme hair cuts are not allowed. It is the School’s discretion as to what constitutes ‘extreme’ but usually involves shaven heads, multi-coloured or unusually coloured hair.
- Jewellery must be kept to a minimum; no more than one small earring, sleeper or stud in each ear. No other facial and body piercings are allowed on the school site.
- Gold, silver and bronze award pin badges should be worn as part of school uniform.
Please note: Protective clothing is required when pupils use the school workshop and other craft facilities.
Physical Education Kit: Year 7-11 Students:
The compulsory PE kit consists of:
- Black and white panelled hooded top with school logo (girls)
- Black and white panelled zip top with school logo (boys)
- Black and white panelled sports shorts with school logo Black
- White sports polo t-shirt with school logo
- Black football socks
- Students may wear RCS leggings or RCS black tracksuit bottoms as an alternative to shorts.
- Clean training shoes are required for PE lessons.
- Football boots and hockey boots are not essential for PE lessons.
- Jewellery must never be worn during games or PE lessons.
- Hair should be tied back.
- Please put your son’s/daughter’s name onto items of PE kit
- Students must attend all PE lessons with their kit even if they’re unable to take part in a physical capacity.