Getting Your Child Writing
5 Top Tips: Getting Your Child Writing
Keep a journal or blog
- Could they jot down their achievement of the day?
- Could they write about their opinions of what’s in the news?
- Could they write a journal as if they were someone else?
Do the half-termly Creative Challenge
- Each half term students in Y7 and Y8 will be given a Creative Writing Challenge by their form tutors.
- The winner of each challenge will have their writing published in Rawmarsh & Parkgate Life Magazine.
Find an inspiring picture on Google images
- Could they describe it?
- Could they turn it into a story?
- Could they imagine they were there?
Use memories from family holidays or fun days out
- Could they review the place they went to?
- Could they create a travel brochure persuading people to go?
- Could they describe where they went?
Bring a favourite computer game or film to life
- Could they pretend to be their favourite character?
- Can they bring this virtual world to life?
- Could they come up with an alternative ending or sequel?